Learn more About Us
The Catholic Men’s Fellowship is comprised of men from all walks of life who meet regularly in their parish in an informal setting. We pray for loved ones and friends in need, we share experiences in dealing with life’s challenges, and we support each other in our attempts to deepen our relationship with the Lord.
Learn more. Consider joining. Become part of the fellowship.
Ephesians 3: 17-19
“That Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the holy ones what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.”
We exist to support, strengthen and help maximize the spiritual growth of men of the Catholic Church through prayer, scripture reading, communication and networking men together by sponsoring gatherings for all men. To promote the work of Catholic Men Fellowship of the Saginaw Diocese and other Catholic Organizations. To help men grow in the following areas: Living as a Catholic Man, Marriage and Family, and Spiritual Life.
Our Foundational Beliefs
- We believe all Catholic men need to take their rightful place in their families, Church, and communities as men of God.
- We believe that for this to happen each Catholic man must:
- “Accept, by a personal decision, the saving sovereignty of Jesus Christ and become his disciple” (Pope John Paul II Mission of the Redeemer #46).
- Deepen his faith and relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Experience the Father’s unconditional love through Mass, the Sacraments and daily prayer.
- Be guided by the Holy Spirit to live his life as a man of God.
- Respond to the Lord’s call to share the faith with others.
- We believe that this life of faith can be strengthened, enriched, and supported in Parish-based men’s fellowship groups.
Who are we?
Each of us has recognized a need for stronger spiritual values in our lives. We have given our lives over, in varying degrees, to Jesus Christ and His gospel message, and we are open to respond to the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
One may be part of the group at any level of participation. Regular attendance is encouraged but not required given our informal atmosphere. We urge men to assume responsibility for building the faith within the greater community and we encourage leadership within the group.
Our meetings are a safe haven – we have great respect for confidentiality. A man’s position within the community is unimportant. We have a sense of needing each other and the Lord.
We commit ourselves to:
– Growing closer to Jesus Christ.
– Encourage our brothers and call them on to holiness.
– Further our understanding of the Catholic faith.
– Encourage our wives, children and families to grow spiritually with us.
– Learn new ways to live and support each other, our wives and our children.
– Faithfully attend all gatherings.
– We evangelize by helping other parishes establish similar groups in their areas.
– We encourage the development of smaller groups to meet at different times so as to deepen one’s relationship with the Lord
Join/Lead a Group
First, look into your home parish. There may already be a group in place. Check our Directory to see if your parish is represented. If not, ask your Pastor or Associate Pastor. If no group is at your parish, it is a fine opportunity to have your desires and needs be known to the Pastor.
Pick a group that meets near your home and is convenient. After going to a few meetings, you may want to encourage others from your Parish to attend. Once a critical mass of men from your parish see the need for a local group, we will help you to start a group.
Contact men below for more information.
- Bay City – Peter Kirchman (989) 684-9624
- Midland County – Joey Storer (989) 430-9916
- Saginaw & Thomas Township – Jim Doepker (989) 284-7037
- Saginaw C.T.G.S. Parish (St. Helen’s) Jim Wojtasinski (989) 799-0304
- Saginaw St. Peter & Paul – Greg Estrada (989) 860-2772